Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pick n Choose

I just watched Chelsea vs Napoli in a Champions League game and it was seriously the best thing to happen since some other good thing happened to me that is of slightly less significance.

People who don't support a team will never understand what it's like to have your team pull off such brilliance. There is the on going debate about whether football should be supported and some say that it's lame and other's are very passionate about it. I'm not passionate about it all, only my team. Supporting a team is the same as having a liking for anything else. You will defend it to the hills and back, you will rejoice in the good and feel terrible in the bad, you will immerse yourself in all that happens and you will gloat like a muh'fuh'er when all goes well. I started supporting Chelsea nearly two years ago and as of late we've had a terrible run of results, and we recently fired our manager who was personally my favourite but now, after tonight's game I can say we're coming back. Winning 4-1 after being down 3-1 on aggregate honestly takes a lot. Many teams couldn't do it, it's just not easy. We came gun's blazing and I have never squirmed around so much during a game. I literally started off from couch, to on my feet, to rolling around on the floor.

I was speaking to a girl about having children and we were speaking about what team should children support. I know parents aren't mean to make that decision for their kids but let's face it, children are flipping stupid. I want my kids to either support my team or another neutral team, never their mothers'. I want there to be a bit of rivalry come game day. I want there to be bets flowing and screams and heartache and people to be made fun of. I want it. Choosing a team for your kids is almost as important as picking out what school they'll go to, it's a huge deal. I can foresee huge arguments in the house as my other half and I try decide what teams our kids should support. I will not have a United supporter in my house and I refuse for them to support Liverpool and grow up to be gang bangers and murderers. I will honestly not love them if they did. They would be dead to me. They would be the cause of their own father's heartache.

You can't go wrong with a London club i.e Chelsea or Tottenham. Forget the rest.

2 comments: