Thursday, February 7, 2013

Jackety.

The other day I'm lying in bed. I was feeling run down, I had a bit of food poisoning from the night before - thanks Mc Donald's - and I just wanted a night in. I was meant to go out with my mate Tyler and his girlfriend Caro 'cause we weren't working that night and at about half 9 or 10ish, he calls me and says, "Caro and I have been playing pool with Stacey and her boyfriend, she's pretty cool." We spoke on about their night and he told me how cut he was, it was one of those amusing drunken calls. Later on I get a message from Caro that said, "Ayanda just kissed me on the cheek." I didn't think much of it because I didn't see how or why Ayanda would be all the way up in Hillcrest, I just thought she meant Stacey and said the wrong name cause we'd recently seen Ayanda.

The next week I go to Tyler's with Caro and she tells me Ayanda and Stacey know each other. That comes as a shock to me because these people live years from each other and I didn't think they were even in the same social circles. She then goes on to tell me that Ayanda was in fact with them and she was with some other guy who is supposedly her boyfriend. Now I don't mind that. I don't mind that she apparently has a boyfriend because I sure as hell wasn't about to be. I like everything we've been doing but I wasn't about to commit, I just came from all of that crap. I stumble upon a post on Facebook that she wrote about some boyfriend and I was at ease cause now I was in the clear. I assume I was there first which would make him the other guy and if not, I know I'm the guy you fool around with before you meet your actual boyfriend so for me it's all a win win.

Come the next friday, I get a message from her saying she's going to be at Origin. I was very cut at that time and I'm not sure if she'd called me first to ask what I was doing or what but next thing I know she's there and we've fallen into the swing of things. At some point in the night, Caro asked her what was up with this whole situation and she said she doesn't have a boyfriend, doesn't like anyone except for me and was afraid I didn't feel the same for her. She came to me later on in the night and raised these concerns with me and I had one of those moments where my sober mind and drunk mind had a fight. My drunk mind was telling me to just go with it, how hard could having another girlfriend really be? It's not like I didn't like her or anything so why not. My sober mind on the other hand didn't quite know what to do so he did the best thing he possibly could, he set every alarm bell going in my mind and I just walked away. I don't remember how it all went down but I'm still single and that's what counts. I could date her, I really could and it would be great, except for the little fact that I'm just not yet ready to be anything to anyone. i still have to mean something to me and until that happens, I'm not going to be tied down with anyone.
Sent from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment