Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Blegh.

You know when you lose something/someone very important to you? There is a gap that is so unbelievably hard to fill that you feel as if you'll forever have this gaping hole in your life? You know when you just can't seem to ever imagine going through another situation like that again because you just don't know if you could handle it all over again? I felt like that. Today as I was walking through town, listening to music and singing to myself as I normally do, I started thinking. I had thoughts about the time where I lost my best friend. I lost my buddy whom I had shared so many special moments with, I lost my compadre and to this day I hadn't been able to really think about it. Today I looked at these dogs, said 'whats up' to them and suddenly everything just felt all right. I haven't been able to stomach the thought of having another dog again since Supanova croaked. I've hung out with many other dogs since then but I didn't ever feel like I could handle owning another dog. Building up that kind of relationship and then suddenly having it puff out, it seemed hard and if I'm honest, it seemed tedious. But today, as I gave more thought to it, I could see myself going through that again. I think I've grieved long enough now. It's time I put on my XXL pants and gave it a shot at some point. Im not going to go out of my way to try and become a dog owner again but if it were to happen of it's own accord then I'd be okay with it. Now to think the same way about a whole lot more other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment