Sunday, June 9, 2013

hmm

She sat at the window, cigarette in hand and a goofy smile on her face. I stared out the window, looking at white clouds in the sky as they mingled together with the smoke she blew out. Worries or cares were things far from my mind. My reality was this moment here. My focus completely drawn to her, the she that was in front of me. Our silly exchanges and knowing looks came from a place with too much behind it for it all to be innocent. We know all too well that this is a bad idea but we wouldn't do it if it wasn't. Why would you want to hold back against a little excitement, a little risk taking. Can you play with fire if you're too afraid of being burnt? I've never been able to hold back when it comes to something I want. It seems silly to keep away from the things that bring you happiness just because there could be a risk of it backfiring. If we kept away from things because it could go wrong then our lives would be shallow cesspits of despair. There's so much that will go down before we ever reach normality. We're far from reaching any kind of reasonable conclusion. Our attention is drawn in various enticing directions, we have sensory overloads like a dog sniffing his way through the park. We're on the run from one another at the speed of 27 bouquets of white roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment