Friday, November 15, 2013

French Exit - Bloc Party. (My Effort At Fixing A Butchery)

I don't know who posted lyrics to French Exit by Bloc Party on the internet but I'm pretty sure they're someone who's never heard the song before. How can you honestly listen to the song and then pick out the most incoherent string of words that sound like nothing Kele is saying? It grinds my gears that someone could butcher one of the most powerful Bloc Party songs - in my opinion. I don't know all the lyrics and I'm not saying I'm perfect but I think my effort will be a damn sight better than what's up.

Let's get it straight I'm not good with goodbyes
But it was getting kind of dry, I better leave, I better bounce
(I'm not sure about that part.)
Got one foot out the door and the other inside
We were running out of money so you aint got nothing for me
I wish I could say that at least we had fun
Thanks for the memories but we know there were none
Matter fact, I was kinda hoping you would pick up the bill
Don't get it twisted, see this is how we living

Get that statement 
Then get even.
Use them all up
Leave them bleeding.
Don't give up while they're still breathing.
Get that statement
Then get even.

Let's get real, who's really to blame
We're slipping through it once, never ever again.
Is it really so bad if this is the end
I  was never gonna care, you were never gonna change.
So dance on your heart and on top of the game
Don't stop when they're down, we entered to play.
You see I got a plan without (I don't know what he says after that)
We wont be done, I'm looking out for number one.


Get that statement 
Then get even.
Use them all up
Leave them bleeding.
Don't give up while they're still breathing.
Get that statement
Then get even.

That's just my attempt at it. It's not 100% or anything but it's a million times better than anything you'll find right now. I just wish Bloc Party would release the real thing.

3 comments:

  1. Solid. Nice work. I really wish those transcribed lyrics hadn't spread around. But uh. I think the second line is "But it was getting kind of dry, I'd better leave, better bounce" -- I wish I knew what the mini-conversation is saying: "Did I ruin this evening?" "Yes you did." (?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, that makes a whole lot more sense than what I had. I'm just hoping we'll finally get the real lyrics out soon.

      Delete
  2. Nice work dude! Your suggestion is probably right but to me the line "Don't give up while they're still breathing." sounds more like "dont give a fuck, if they're still breathing". Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete