Thursday, November 21, 2013

There Was A Title Here Before

I've found myself a subject. A mouldable brain that I can jam my fingers into and shape into a form that I can look back and be proud of. I've happened upon the brain of Peener Meener.

Poor little lady. She'd been so lost musically for such a long time. I've only ever had one decent conversation with Pontso and that was when we debated the properties of One Direction, as musicians and as an image. She made such valid points that for that moment, that brief second, I actually thought she was half decent. For someone I speak to daily, you'd think by now we would've had a few real conversations but no, she's a stubborn mule. Anyway, after breaking through her tough, uneducated music center with the brilliance of Bloc Party, I got her to give Arctic Monkeys a listen and now she's sold on Alex Turner.

There's something you gotta understand about trying to show someone the way. Some people you can just point in the right direction and they'll take it up and not waiver. Some people need a bit of coaxing and then they'll be okay and then some need you to get so on their level that you end up having to scrub yourself three times as much in the shower because you've had to stoop so low in the muck and the mire. I've been dragged through the trenches with this character. On the surface you'd think Peen Meen is a simple character. Likes things that are shiny, has taste for things that many see none of and is a wannabe worldie. You could be forgiven for making these assumptions, I did the same thing but nope, this here sack of beans is strung up tighter than a witch to a stake. Did you know the only reason she's listened to Arctic Monkeys is because she things Alex Turner is a pretty man? Alex Turner is the coolest person on two legs right now, I'll be the first to admit that but I thought he was cool before he got the impressive haircut and swagger. I thought he was cool because he made epic music. Sally over there only listened to his music presumably after finding pictures of him smoking a cigarette and having her ovaries clench themselves in awe. I'm not complaining though, at least she's listening to something worthwhile.

I think in maybe a decade, Genghis Khan over there will be listening to more music that'll make her more endearing to me and we could one day become friends. I have half a mind to try find something about White Lies that makes them more appealing to her just because I think they're so very underrated and Big TV has some of the greatest songs of the year. All in due time.
Sent from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment