Monday, March 3, 2014

You're alright.

I don't know, maybe I've been out the game for too long. Maybe the rules have changed drastically from what I remember and new things fly more freely now, but bear with my old school notion for a second.

From what I remember, if you hooked up with someone a few times, were pretty open about how you felt about them which often lead to you being ''together'' then you'd not be seen with someone else. Let's say I hook up with a girl, we've been vibing a while, the chances of me hooking up with someone else would diminish. If I were hooking up with someone else then that would give a lot of mixed signals and that just leads to a communication break down. I wouldn't be seen dead with girl number 2 if I had any form of feelings for girl number 1, it's simple. Firstly because that's a dick move. Secondly that'll have both people feeling like they have a shot and there's nothing worse than stringing people along, it grinds my gears. I mean you don't have to have a set out blueprint for how everything works but simple logic dictates that if you come across a situation that could cause possible harm to you or others, you avoid it. Thirdly it's about showing some resoect. You've got to respect people enough to give them the decency to be spared all those possible hurt feelings. Nothing worse than finding out that while you thought all was going well, someone else was going just as well too. Don't put egg on someone's face. Nip it in the bud and steer clear from that. The only possible outcome of that would be that you're left on your ace with two pissed off people.

But I don't know, these days I've been seeing that fly a lot. Like the level of it has actually been blown sky high. Like I know right now I'm in my own situation that just makes my blood boil - mostly because of my own folly of finding myself in the situation. But the amount of things I've been hearing, just this weekend alone, about all this is alarming. I really am for casual liasons. I've had friends with benefits and hook up buddies that I just see from time to time when the weather permits but none of that has ever had any kind of lasting promise to it so it's never been an issue. If they were hooking up too then even better, less drama for me to deal with. It was a win win. But once you put something more on the line, that all stops.

I was massively turned off a lot of characters when I heard this and it also niggles at me a bit just because it's a bit too close to home but I mean I'd like to think I know how to handle myself in such situations and sometimes you've just gotta be chill and let the breeze flow, you know. I just hope that you find some clarity and things go right for you. I got you.

No comments:

Post a Comment