Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Let's be moved.

It's a very cold night tonight. I'm wrapped up warm in my duvet fortress, speaking of marriage with Kelly and listening to a host of songs that get me right in the blood pumping organ.

What The Water Gave Me by Florence and The Machine still moves me in ways I can't describe. I got chills the first time I heard it and they're even more pronounced now. I love how she sings of drowning, being weighed down but pocket fulls of stones and being overcome by the water. It is the most perfect metaphor of love I have ever come across.

Kreuzberg by Bloc Party. A song that always makes me think of the pursuit of "The One". It's about the journey between two people, as they go through a little adventure through a beautiful city, seeing the sights, being surrounded by splendour and then coming to sad realisation that they're just incompatible. "After sex the bitter taste, been fooled again, the search continues." I love the way Kele sings those words, like it's another disappointment that he's just so tired of having to go through. The line that always gets me though is "Concerned mothers of the West, teach your sons how to truly love." I think that says it all in this day and age.

Intro by Alt-J. My new favourite Intro song which was hard to do seeing as the XX exist with that moving piece of perfection they created. I'm taken on a journey every time I hear this song. It's every great bit of their sound just mashed into one. I can't wait to see this done live, I'll be forever moved. "One, two, three... Yeeeeaaah"

R U Mine - Arctic Monkeys
"I'm a puppet on a string
Tracy Island, time-traveling diamond
Coulda shaped heartaches
Come to find ya fall in some velvet morning
Years too late
She's a silver lining lone ranger riding
Through an open space
In my mind when she's not right there beside me

I go crazy 'cause here isn't where I wanna be
And satisfaction feels like a distant memory
And I can't help myself,
All I wanna hear her say is "Are you mine? " - nuff said.

I don't think it's possible to not be moved by good music. I have about a million songs that go through my being like liquid wax, far too many for my fingers to keep up with.
Sent from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment