Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Glitch in the Matrix

So today I'm on my way home, walking along the street when I notice this delivery fan parked on the side of the road. It's nothing special or anything, just a bakery delivery van and I'm sure it's there all the time but today I made a point of noticing it. Anyway I carry on walking and I go into a shop, a few minutes later I come out and as I walk a few meters further on, I see the same van parked ahead of me. So now I'm like, "Ah, Deja Vu" but then I remembered something important, deja vu only happens when there's a glitch in the matrix. A glitch in the matrix, or the world we think we live in until we're unplugged, is when the computers that run us decide to change something with the program.

So now I'm walking along looking out for things that are outta the ordinary. First I notice the doors to the Moon Hotel were opened, the man who sells batteries everyday come rain or shine is now suddenly missing and the huge thing, the one thing I'm sure that was it, was that Armadillo Skins was back. I hadn't seen her in about 9 working days which is a flipping long time. I'd written her off completely, she'd left me high and dry and now she suddenly decided to return? What really annoyed me was that today was the one day I'd decided not to wear clodgers so I couldn't even impress her and make her beg me to take her back. I know she came back because she missed me, I could tell by the way she looked up when she saw me and that knowing smile but I was as cold as ice, a hear broken figure of my former self. I'm sure she was hoping to continue where we left off, me sitting besides her, looking out the window as if I was uninterested and her sitting staring straight ahead but both deep in tremulous thought. I bet she was hoping I'd notice her new jeans or the detailing on her yellow top or the fact that she didn't have her usual cover on her phone and that she'd changed her hairstyle and was using different clips to keep it all in tact. Well sorry for her but I didn't.

I'm stronger now, different, more mature. I wear clodgers now and I've had to endure so long without her that I barely noticed the giddy relief I felt. It'll take a lot more to win me over than a silly glitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment