Wednesday, November 2, 2011

making a living

So I'm sitting here on this spinny chair, the perfect vantage point to look out for customers milling around, it also puts me close to the tills so I'm right there when they need me.

Today I've basically worked alone. The only time a customer was checked out by someone that wasn't me was when I was having my lunch. There was an attempted robbery on a factory just up the road from us and it must've scared the ladies or something cuz they've been hiding in the back of the shop where they can see when someone walks in but you can't see them, the perfect place to hide from would-be criminals and your boss if he thought about stopping by. It was the same thing last week saturday and nearly everyday since I've been here unless we get new stock, then it kinda looks like work is going on but really it's just me doing six boxes to their onee or something like that. The other day this lady got really lucky, she got to use our toilet and a 20% discount on clothes. After realizing she hadn't won any competition or anything, I figured out that she was just another of their many friends that drop by at various points. Danny the security guy is the only one I can say has done any consistent work since I've met him.

I'm turning into a Till God at this rate.
I love it when customers pay with the exact amount, especially in small notes cuz then we dont have to say goodbye to any money and we get change at the same time. I like friendly customers too. On Saturday I made at least 11 new friends and they were all just so nice. Today, not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment