Thursday, March 17, 2011

Dont try this at home, you may stop believing in us.

So today by some random chance I stumbled across a program, its a silly program and yet it has a huge following. On the tv was wrestling. Not proper wrestling that is considered a sport but wrestling that is considered entertainment.

I dont know how people can be entertained by something that is fake. I cant stand it, if I had something and it was fake and had no meaning then obviously I wouldn't want it, unless of course I was proving a point but what the hell is up with that? I mean you can see that the punches are fake, the kicks dont connect and I was laughing when the one guy fell a bit too soon without any form of connection. There's always one of those big muscled apes in the ring with a microphone speaking smack about someone and then the crowd, which suprisingly is always full, will boo and cheer and then the guy will leave and they'll fight and its all scripted but people still watch it? There is always a massive crowd around the arena and people go all out with their banners of T shirts and such things, it boggles the mind.

Like I now Top Gear isn't as real as we once thought. The presenters dont always do all that driving by themselves, Ben Collins tested the Vampire before it nearly killed Hammond and yes The Stig is just a suit but at least that has a sense to it. Its impromptu and the script ends up being just a guideline at the end of the day but its still not as fresh as we think it is but yet its still watched by tens of millions of people everytime and we just cant help it.

I guess as a people we like fake. It gives us a sorta sense of belonging like if I cant get the real thing then I might as well settle for second best you know. But that just ruins the point, that breaks the human spirit and you're kinda like "Well this model broke after only a week of usage Jimmy still has his?" That's all fine and dandy but what you forget is that it was never real in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment