Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Ehh

Imagine being lost in your own world. Imagine being so deep inside the four walls of your mind that you literally could never escape on your own. Imagine if the only way of escape was through third party forces. When I think of this, I have an image of Indiana Jones or someone, running around a temple and being attacked by various things and setting off booby traps. Ah watch out, there's the spinning saw blade of work and over there is the quicksand of responsibilities. If you take a wrong turn in these corridors then you might just get shot with the poison darts of paying your mortgage. All these real world things attack our head space but there's always that thing that makes perfect sense to us and kind of shines the way out to us, shows us the way of escape and we can be free of that suffocating tomb even if for a few moments. Do you think that the things we love are the things that bring us out? You know how every person has that thing that they do that makes them feel at peace with the world and all its occupants. Whether it be playing sport, making music, doing art or even taking drugs. There are things we do that just make so much sense to us and I can't help thinking that what if those are the escapes we weave together for a brief moment for us to be out in the world.

I spoke to this music student a few nights ago. We sat for a good ten or so minutes in silence because neither one of us seemed to be so great at this small talk thing. I was sitting inside my head trying to find anything that I could throw out to fill in the silence and I'd like to imagine that that was what was going through his head too because of not, then I just worried over nothing and could've stayed my comfortable hermit self. We got onto the subject of music and for the next ten minutes or so, we both were out in the world, interacting free from the setbacks of real life. I could see that this was what brought this guy out of the tomb. He saw the shining lights of the exit door and was out here, telling me about what he found most passionate about. I think that it must be the same for athletes. They spend most of their waking hours training and getting themselves into the perfect condition for that moment where their mind state is at one with the surroundings of their body.

Off the top of my head, I'd say that the key to happiness is finding that thing that brings you out of your shell and then delving straight into it like your life depended on it. If you're into art, if that's what gets you hot under the collar and sets your blood racing faster than a hobo to a free food buffet, drown yourself in it. There's no real ending to this post, I feel like I've been way too positive and upbeat so now you guys can find your own ending.
Sent from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment