Thursday, August 1, 2013

Swart Denim

At the moment I have 5 pairs of black skinnies. I'm 2 short of the perfect amount to have and I've decided to step up my jeans game.

Ever since I saw Francois Van Coke jumping around on stage in a pair black skinny jeans, I knew that's where I was headed. I don't think people quite understand my obsession with these things. I've worn a lot of strange clothes in my life. I went through a stage where I wore only what my mother picked out for me, as we all did as youngsters. Then i moved on to baggy clothing, as every boy has when they go through their gangster phase. Oversized clothes weren't my greatest move considering I was oversized at the time myself so it did me no favours at all. Then I started wearing whatever it is I could find that didn't make me look like so much of a hobo and now I've moved on to somewhere I don't even know.

What I love most about my favourite piece of clothing is that you can wear black skinnies with literally anything. I wear them with printed T's, button up shirts, with just a jacket or even on their ace. They fit into any social circle and they just look excellent in any kind of mirror. People are always like, what's the difference. Well it's simple. Every pair of jeans is never the same as another. Every single pair I have has different characteristics. All my jeans have character. My favourite pair has been with me the shortest amount of time but it's done so much in its time that I swear we've been friends since birth. I have a pair of jeans that I wear just for the sake of wanting to wear something slightly out of the ordinary. They're my biggest ones and haven't been worn in properly so they have a bit of a slim fit look to them and they work well on days where I just wanna mellow out. I have an old pair that I wear when I'm thugging it out. When the rest are in the wash and I feel a change is in need, I jam those homies.

With that said, this brings me to my ultimate biggest peeve. I cannot stand it when people put their feet on my pants. I don't care who you are, whether we've known each other since birth, we're dating or if you're the coolest person ever to walk the earth, you put your feet on me and I will bubble over. Why would you want to do that? It's happened to me so many times with girls. I don't know who it was that told them it was cute to put their dirty feet on a guy but let me tell you ladies, it isn't. There is nothing flirtatious about you leaving small marks on my pants. Those pants will be with me for much longer than you'll be and they'll be in a lot more memories so best you respect the black denims. I once was having a nice little chat up with this pretty young thing and all was going well till she thought she was in there enough to put her feet on me, she wasn't.

If I ever was in charge of setting a global trend, I'd like to think that it would be for wearing black skinnies. i can deny myself many things; food, drink, shirts, jackets but not a great pair of black skinnies.
Sent from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment