Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I pick them brilliantly

I had a perfect race weekend, my word... F1 was in Canada at a circuit I've seen McLaren triumph at a few times and saturday was the start of the 24 hours of Le Mans and sunday was an exceptional Grand Prix.

I wont get into just how frikin amped I was to watch all this racing and how Audi battled a fleet of Peugots after losing one of their cars in a spectacular crash and the rest dying out only leaving them with one lone survivor to take the checkered flag and I wont get too much into how Jenson Button drove a magnificent race after not qualifying so great, having a collision with his team mate, being served a drive through penalty and then being in the pits 5 times leaving him dead last, yet still managing to win the race on the final half of the final lap from someone who was once deemed unbreakable.

Being a McLaren guy, I was frikin destroyed when Lewis and Jenson crashed. I just saw flashes of Turkey last year when the two Red Bulls came together and how that split the team in half. Imagine a team Lewis vs team Jenson sorta thing ala Twilight. My heart would be shattered completely.

On one hand Lewis Hamilton is the only reason I started watching Formula One after following his championship in 08 through the F1 section in Car magazine. He's a frikin brilliant driver, easily one of the best and all the flak that he's been getting lately seriously isn't even worth it because he's shown many times that he is a flipping boss. I would stop watching a race if he didnt finish and anyone that got in his way would have many a curse thrown on them by me.

And then came this Jenson Button fellow to join the Woking crew. Jenson proved he was boss to me by destroying in that Brawn but I'll admit, when I heard he was joining McLaren I thought he was being foolish and was going to be urinated on. Come Australia and Jenson pulls out his clever thinking and then we hit China and he made sweet sweet love to those tyres and I was completly sold. And he looks ruggedly handsome after a race and not all disheveled.

The two boys are known for their wonderful pairing and so when they collided I really thought it was over, I honestly thought that the race was now a write off and I must go do some insane PR work but they patched things up during the flipping race, thats superhuman if you ask me, thats beauty.

So now people say Lewis is leaving to Red Bull and Mark may come this side? Its gonna effing hurt if that happens cuz now what do I do? Follow him or stay with Jenson?

No comments:

Post a Comment