Friday, January 13, 2012

Thanks to Amy, Im a Gangster.

Ever since Amy's party I've been secretly listening to rap music, and not the normal rap I listen to with proper lyrics and a use of the english language that takes your mind to the corner of the room and proceeds to urinate on your vocabulary like you're a 2 year old child, making you wonder why you don't know such huge words. No, I've been listening to the stuff that's on the radio, mainly Drake.

At Amy's party I came there all dressed up like a straight edge prep with my Clodgers, black skinnies and my black jacket like I was about to take someone on a date and I must say that for a change, I was the odd one out. I was surrounded by people of the Hip Hop denomination. I felt strange and the only other one who was considered different there was Aimee's boyfriend who was really dressed as a jock. They were playing their rap music and although I wasn't moved by the underground hardcore mofo nigga spitters, I eventually finding myself enjoying the lighter stuff. I've always had a bit of a thing for Drake. Promise Dlamini introduced me to him and I watched a documentary on the guy and Forever was a sick song in my opinion and so it all kinda stemmed from there. I'm not a huge fan but as of late, I've been on a binge.

Music plays a huge part in the way we dress. The more experimental you are with your tastes, the more your wardrobe varies. You can tell what someone likes just by looking at the way they're dressed because music is an integral part of pop culture. I've decided I'm not gonna suppress the gangster in me, I'm just gonna play him out subtley.

No comments:

Post a Comment