Friday, November 19, 2010

A fad is something that fades, a fetish lasts forever

Was just watching the "Tussen Stasies" video and its all serious and Jack and his mates know their jackets.

A coupla years back I learnt the word fetish and its always sounded weird but it works. It sounds like you're saying fatish which loosely could mean alot and a fetish I guess is over doing something. My latest fetish is now jackets. I once had a thing for phones, games, marbles, boxer shorts, headphones, at one point I was crazy over desk fans and now Im all about jackets.

Its strange because I'll go out and usually I dont give a crap about what people wear and what I see in shops but there was that one day where I had a free and I went to Edgars and came across the father of all jackets, it was like a 5 in one. It had the lapels that get me going, it had zips and buttons and two layers and was a hoodie all at the same time, I spent at least 2 weeks deciding whether I should give into its alluring charm and after going there everyday just to look at it I decided that I would finally get it and on the day I was ready they had cleared all their winter stock and my world was shattered... I've really chosen the wrong season to get into warm clothes, I sit there watching what people wear, wondering what practical use each jacket would have. Some are for partying, some are for day to day uses, some are for things like youth, some are for messing around, some are for going out on the pull, so many different things you can do with them really it boggles my mind.

I've come to the conclusion that I am not crazy for wanting jackets in summer because really it gets cold at night and everyone knows girls love it when guys offer them their warm clothes because they were too stupid to wear human clothes and pulled their outfit out of their old barbie doll house.

No comments:

Post a Comment