Friday, May 27, 2011

They took jock out the bushveld

I was watching the December Streets video the other day and in one of the scenes the lead guy dresses up like a jock and I really didnt mind that song, I listened to it often on the radio but because of my prejudice, I couldn't bring myself to watch the rest of that video.

Now I think its safe to say that I am not a fan of the jock mentality. I dont spend my weekends pursuing easy whores to put up my numbers at clubs I probably am too young for but reckon Im cool enough in my own right. I dont like the way they have this universal fashion sense that has become their uniform, lumo wife beaters, shorts, those pointy white shoes and a backwards cap or sweat band to go with their floppy manes which tend to be highlighted these days and of course their massive arms cuz they're all gym bunnies. I dont understand this obsession with their need to be covered in dayglo colours. Is it because the human brain is attracted to shiny things and to mask their idiocy they blind you?

Physical appearances dont count for much with me cuz we all have our varying tastes but I think from every kinda person I've seen like that, none of them has shown that they have more than two brain cells and can comprehend basic human skills. What grinds my gears is how their thought process reads the same over and over again, "gym, illuminate, land a slag, gym. Repeat". Im pretty certain, and believe me when I say this, that this jock movement must've started somewhere in the jungle. Someone must've seen a gorilla and thought "You know what? I wanna be that animal because I have no use as a human being anymore" so he went and on and soon every impressionable git has followed. They have the same characteristics, from their short tempers to the eating of their own poo. I actually feel bad now for comparing a gorilla to a jock because I happen to know gorillas that are actually pretty smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment