Tuesday, October 4, 2011

How Hard Can It Be?

Famous last words are those words said just before things go balls up and the brown stuff hits the revolving blades of a cooling unit. This week I've probably had the scenarios so many times.

Yesterday I started being a Cashier extrodinaire, well that's what I wanted to be. Turns out I'm just a pillock that gets easily flummoxed by lableless colours and clothe sizes. I really thought, "Well how hard can it be" you know, get the scanner and shoot the barcode and watch it all come up. Turns out that some of the things either come with no kimbles or haven't been changed. Why didn't they bring them to me? I'm a Kimbling god, I would've done all that stuff easle. I'm getting the hang of it a bit but I'm still working on it all, one less cock up a day and I'll be on form by next week. When it came to home time yesterday I thought, well how hard can it be to get home? Well it turns out its a frikin mission of note. I'd have to leave here as of last week if I want to get home within the day. At one point I was seriously considering buying a bicycle and being Kyle Dorkin but then I remembered that Kyle was born a bicycle so I was screwed.

The working saturdays thing really breaks my heart, I feel it jump into a deep chasm of despair when someone mentions the weekend, something I used to know... Anyway my pity party was yesterday and I need to chin up, at least there are plenty characters to play with in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment