Friday, May 10, 2013

A Recap

Today was one of those days where I woke up and the world was just going to get me full force. My previous post about politics came out of a place I don't even know of. I was so angry in the flash on an eye just thinking of the state of the world as a whole, so i unleashed. It was weird. I was sat on my way to school, thinking innocent thoughts and then all of a beeswax I started thinking about politics and I just had to get my phone out and write all my thoughts down before they left me. I have this thing where I come up with the world's greatest posts in the car and I always tell myself to remember then for when i get to a computer but by then they've left my mind, hovering around like thin tendrils of mist. No matter how much I try to recall what I was thinking, it just never works.

I got to school, deep in thought and still finishing off my post. I walked in, mumbled half a hello to Staceface and carried on. The way I treat her sometimes really isn't great at all. You'd swear after all this time that I'd be more visibly excited and more convincing when it comes to being amped to see her but alas, old habits die young. I get a morning full of abuse from her every day and I still haven't learned. I need to stop or else she's gonna clock me soon. Anyway, I moved from her because that wasn't going to work for me right there and then and I walked straight into the grasps of Mr. Pandy. I can honestly say that when it comes to people I find mentally stimulating, he's high up there in my list. The man seems to have done it all. From being a magistrate to working on his own screenplay and then becoming an integral part of thousands of South African kids' education, the man has done it all. We got into the subject of politics and he made some points that got me thinking clearer, more Msiziesque thoughts. We have to be part of the solution, we have no other choice.

For a day that started with me feeling like I did, it's ended with me feeling pretty good. I'm listening to the new Fall Out Boy single, I'm writing free flowing thoughts and I've got a couple of weeks of some intense missions up ahead. It's all coming right and I'm loving it. I was walking to the garage in Hillcrest to draw some money, listening to music and I couldn't help feeling so happy with life. I was listening to Milk and Black Spiders by Foals and people were milling about on their journeys and I didn't hear or even take notice of a single one of them. There was a pretty lady to look at in the shop and the lady behind the till was nice to me, I had something to smile about. I love how a good conversation with someone can change so many things. I had some thoughts thrown at me by Michaela earlier in the day, I think they're the ones that changed me up but that's another post for another day.
Sent from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment