Monday, May 27, 2013

Strange Wknd

Wow, what a weekend. I think this was probably one of the weirdest ones I've had in a loooong time.

Friday night I was at work, Jack fokken Parow was playing and I'm yet to see a cooler person, ever. When I walk into work I generally see the other artists warming up and usually it's like, "eehhhh". The most excited I've been is when Zebra and Giraffe are playing and that usually just ends with me smiling and then going off to find a lovely companion. When Jack was doing sound check, Tyler and I were literally beaming like two lighthouse bulbs. I can't explain just how much presence the guy has. He had women eating their own hair and guys chugging brandy like it was water in a desert. I was well impressed.


But here's what got me about friday. I'm busy serving customers whatever, working the shooter bar like a flipping god, and this guy comes up to me. He says to me, "I want to invite you to my house party. I'd really dig it if you came." So I was like okay cool, where and when is it and he says, "It's in June, in Mozambique. Do you have a passport? How quickly can you get a passport?" So then I was like ehhh I'll have to think it over and what not, and then a whole flurry of customers came so he disappeared for a while. Anyway, later in the evening he comes back and says, "I really think you're a great guy and I want you to come work for me at my house party. I'll pay you R500." I turned to him and said when is it and he goes, "Fuck that, don't worry about that man, I'm gonna give you R250, guaranteed pussy and a good time. Don't worry about that. I told all my friends about you and they want to meet you man." By now I'm kinda looking at this character with a shady eye. Not only does he think I'm gonna ship up to Mozam, he wants me to do it for even less money than before. I don't struggle with pussy or a good time, your argument isn't strong here buddy. Near the end of the night he comes up to me and my work mate Dean and says to Dean, "Tell this guy about my band. I've told all my friends about him and we want him to come kick it with us." Now I'm thinking maybe Dean knows this character so after he left I asked Dean about him and Dean was like, "I don't know who the hell that is."

Saturday night. We all shaped ourselves up and shipped out to Origin. I haven't had a proper night out in ages. The last club I went to was Rocca a while back and in my honest opinion, it was a good night considering how shit it actually was. I digged going out with the mates but in all honesty, it wasn't at all what I was expecting. I was pretty keen to be going out. With all of our friends suddenly getting girlfriends and all that, Ben and I were saying how long it had been since we actually saw girls and we out there. I basically spend most of my time working and if not then we're all together playing Ping Pong and stroking bizzles, that's not conducive to meeting girls. The last time I hooked up with someone was in February I think, the last time I went to Origin. The last time Ben hooked up with someone was just before dinosaurs were wiped out so it was high time we broke our duck. I can't say I remember much of what happened at Origin. When I got there I was already on form, somewhere in between I lost all my memory and then next thing we were home. I'm still getting stories filtering from what happened that night. Looking at my phone the next morning basically cemented the fact that I was not of this dimension. I broke my duck, shattered and now I never want to go out ever again. I think this is what people always go on about when they talk about what I get up to on weekends. Everyone says I'm such a rowdy character, and honestly they really sell the legend but I didn't think I'd ever actually live up to all of it. I refuse to even go into detail about what happened that night, I'm much too afraid to even think about it or admit it to myself but ahhhhh.

I think I'm gonna hide away from the world for a few months. After Smoking Dragon, I'd thought I'd learnt my lesson but clearly not. If anyone needs me, I'll be sitting in my cave until they make a way for terrible judgments and alcohol not to mix.
Sent from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment