Friday, January 28, 2011

Luckily Im not an emo

So going through my playlist and I once again realize Im such a morbid soul.

Im busy having a listen here and 'I Want You' by The Kooks comes on and I realize how kinda down it is so the next song comes on, 'Lonely Day' by System Of a Down, not the happiest song around.

In my song list, a huge number of these are morbid in some way:

All Around me - Flyleaf.
Arm Yourself - Z&G.
God's Bathroom - Atmosphere.
Biko - Bloc Party.
Haha ah the song I love the most, Black Crow - Z&G.
Bleed Me Out - Z&G.
Blinding - Florence and the Machine.
Skeleton - Bloc Party.
Blue Light - Bloc Party.
Chop Suey - System of a Down.
Cover My Eyes - La Roux, stupid song was the death of me once.
Diamonds Into The Landmine and every other Billy Talent song.
In fact, every Z&G song and a large number of Bloc Party, Editors, Blue October, Flyleaf and Papa Roach.

Happy songs are great when you're in the car going somewhere and they're playing loud on the radio but you just cant fall asleep to them. I find it hard to sleep without listenin to music and these little downers really get the eyes shutting, sometimes they stir the emotions and make with the seething rage or useless moping but most times they just put me to sleep. Bleed Me Out is on now. What kind of lyrics are "Dont bleed me out and take my soul. Bleed me out into the cold. Bleed me out and take my life." and "You got it all so why take me. You wanted more than I could be. We've hit the wall still trying to wake your lazy eye. But this is more, I wont fall without a fight."

I love this Greg fellow, sure those are suspect sounding words but they make me giggle cuz I always sing them loud and proud each time, strange cat that. I'll repeat it cuz I happen to like it alot and because I actually want some sleep tonight for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment