Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I cheat the system

I get airtime every month and last month when i got it i promptly spent it all on music downloads so I've been surviving this month on free sms's and Mxit which is also free on my network, i also use my phone to blog which requires airtime but thankfully there seems to be a solution.

Opera Mini is this nifty little internet web browser tool i use often now because of how it makes blogging easier and i thought i was pretty much screwed with no airtime but i found that even with my R0.86 balance on my sim card i can still post, in fact i think it might be less than that but im too scared to check. I get freaked out by the disappointment of checking my airtime balance because i know it gets less and less with usage but i'd rather not know how bad it was till i get more airtime and be suprised at how close i came to zero. That'll probably do me no good later in life because i cant keep spendin on my account hoping that my card will somehow hold out with each purchase until i get paid and then sigh in relief that i made it through the month without having my head kicked in by some angry store clerk.

If phone companies were as clever as i am they would realize that some people cant go around missioning for airtime and they would make a phone that just lets you deposit the money straight into it. Imagine how convenient that would be? No more waiting till the next day just so you can buy 15 bucks worth of airtime to get you through for a coupla weeks. Sure i can blog and stuff but it takes forever to load and it doesn't load fully in what i think is a cost saving scheme which is clever but also irritating at the same time, i cant read anyone's blogs because i'll have to spend the whole night dropping network and reloading just to get a bit of information on my screen tho i am thankful because if i tried to use my proper phone browser i'd be screwed. It costs at least R2 to make some sorta connection unless you're tryin to go onto the Mxit website where you can go on even if your phone is dead and outta battery, its the only sight I've been on with my phone browser when i had no airtime to speak of.

Kinda goin on about airtime and i guess thats where my thoughts are at the moment, influence of Clarkson and his rants on topics that grind his gears. Reading another of his books and they really do make me laugh. I want to be able to complain tirelessly about simple things like gettin on a plane and punching people in the face because they printed pictures of you kissing other women but i cant, im somewhat normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment